Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wow.. I am really surprised that they didn't delete this blog. It has been so neglected. I have gone back and forth on keeping the old posts or just deleting them and starting fresh. I think I'll keep them..just to document part of my journey. I also debated doing a whole background post... But decided that isn't at all what I want to do. I'm going to get right to it.
Over the coarse of this last year I have discovered a new interest... Fabric!!!!.... Oh wonderful fabric... And quilting... Oh wonderful quilting.
I haven't taken not one lesson yet. Everything I have learned so far is from YouTube videos, blogs and websites. I have discovered many wonderful sites.. And seen a lot of beautiful work.
I have made 6 lap quilts and 6 twin size quilts. On each one of these projects..by the way they are all for my grandchildren.. I have discovered some new lesson. I learn best by just jumping in and doing. I didn't really think about documenting each step with photos, a journal entry or a video. But now I am wishing I had!!!...lol oh well.. I'm sure they will come up again sometime.
I have loved looking at fabric and thread.. I have loved all the blogs and videos and pictures. I  look up to these women and men that have just totally thrown caution to the wind and taken their passion to the next levels. I want to do that too. I want to do what I love and love what I do. I want to create beauty... I need to create beauty. Its where I am happiest.
So here goes my adventure... I believe I am ready to throw caution to the wind and go to the next level.
Here's an article on a blog that I have been reading.... http://www.lovebugstudios.com/2013/05/21/the-dumbing-down-of-the-quilting-and-sewing-industry/

It has been the push I needed to sign up for my very first quilting class and maybe I will join a local quilting group.

No comments:

Post a Comment